As the demand for healthier and more environmentally friendly food options continues to rise, incorporating plant-based choices into grab-and-go kiosks becomes increasingly important.
Offering plant-based menu items caters to the growing number of consumers adopting a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle and appeals to health-conscious individuals looking for nutritious alternatives.
The US market for plant-based foods is worth over $8 billion. According to research from Credit Suisse, consumers across ten countries aged 16-40, 66% plan to spend more on plant-based meat and dairy alternatives.
Foodservice operators can serve this growing market by incorporating plant-based menu items that can be easily prepared and served through grab-n-go kiosks.
Benefits of Incorporating Plant-Based Foods Into Grab-N-Go Kiosks
As people become more health conscious and aware of their environmental footprint, plant-based foods are increasingly becoming their preferred choice. Moreover, plant-based foods often have longer shelf lives than animal-based foods, which can significantly reduce waste and cost for the operator.
With the rise of food innovations, many plant-based alternatives taste just as good, if not better, than their animal-based counterparts. This means that operators do not have to compromise on taste to provide healthier and more sustainable options, making plant-based foods a win-win for both businesses and consumers.
Plant-Based Menu Options for Grab-N-Go Kiosks
A curated selection of plant-based foods can significantly enhance the appeal of Grab-N-Go kiosks. Below are some delicious and nutritious options that can be easily prepared and sold:
- Veggie Wraps: A fresh and light option filled with a variety of vegetables, such as bell peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. These wraps could also include hummus or a plant-based spread for extra flavor.
- Vegan Sandwiches: Offer sandwiches loaded with plant-based proteins like tofu, tempeh, or plant-based meats, and an assortment of vegetables and vegan spreads.
- Buddha Bowls: These bowls typically consist of grains, such as quinoa or brown rice, various vegetables, and a protein source like chickpeas or lentils.
- Vegan Salads: Salads featuring kale, spinach, avocado, quinoa, and plant-based protein sources such as beans, seeds, and nuts.
- Plant-Based Snacks: Offer snacks like trail mix, fruits, vegetable chips, and vegan protein bars for quick bite.
- Vegan Desserts: Delightful desserts like vegan cookies, brownies, or fruit cups can cater to the sweet-toothed customer.
Popular Brands for Plant-Based Food Options
Several key players in the plant-based convenience goods industry are driving innovation and expanding consumer choices. For instance, Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods are two names that immediately come to mind. They’ve revolutionized the industry with plant-based meat substitutes that closely mimic the taste and texture of actual meat, making them a hit amongst vegetarians and meat-eaters.
Oatly is another game-changer, offering oat milk as a sustainable and healthful alternative to dairy milk. Gardein also offers a range of plant-based convenience foods, including ready-to-eat meals and protein-rich snacks.
Just Egg has redefined breakfast options with its plant-based egg substitute, and Daiya Foods has a wide range of dairy-free cheeses, yogurts, and desserts.
Lastly, Lenny & Larry’s is a leading brand in the vegan cookie market, offering high-protein, plant-based cookies in a variety of flavors. These brands underscore the potential and diversity of plant-based convenience foods.
Food service providers today are responsible for catering to a wide range of dietary preferences and conscious consumer choices. By incorporating plant-based choices into their menus, food service providers align with current trends and tap into a growing market, seeking sustainable and compassionate alternatives.
Whether you’re offering options in traditional kiosks or autonomous grab-n-go stores, having plant-based foods on the menu meets the evolving demands of health-conscious customers.
Grab-N-Go Brochure Download